The KFT test (KFT) involves a series of nine tests. The doctor may request that you collect urine over 24 hours. Urine contains a lot of waste products, together with water, salts, and minerals. The doctor may also request that you collect blood samples over 24 hours to measure your blood glucose, protein, creatinine, and urea levels.
A urine test strip is a simple strip used in the diagnosis and monitoring of diabetes mellitus as well as in other conditions related to the kidneys, such as nephrotic syndrome, bladder stones, and urinary tract infections. A cystoscopy is a procedure used in the evaluation and treatment of various urologic conditions.
The kidney function test (KFT) involves a series of nine tests. These are:
- Serum creatinine.
- Urine volume test to estimate glomerular filtration rate (GFR) or urine collection for protein, cells, and casts.
- Urinary creatinine clearance using the 24-hour urine collection method.
- Serum cystatin C concentration in blood plasma is used as an alternative to serum creatinine measurement in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) who either have no reliable kidney function data or cannot undergo dialysis when needed. It is also useful for monitoring people with diabetes mellitus type 2 who are at risk of developing CKD because they may have very high levels of serum creatinine.
You might be required to collect urine for up to 24 hours. You need to follow the instructions provided by your doctor, as each lab has different requirements. The urine collection container needs to be clean and dry.
It is best to store the container upright in a refrigerator or freezer until it can be dropped off at a lab for testing. Urine is a waste product that contains water, salts, and minerals. It’s produced by the kidneys and released through the ureters to the bladder. The urine you produce has many functions.
- By forcing you to urinate, it aids in eliminating surplus fluids from your body.
- It helps take away harmful substances from your blood.
- It keeps your body from getting too much salt, which can cause high blood pressure if there’s too much in it for too long.
The doctor may also request that you collect blood samples over 24 hours to measure your blood glucose, protein, creatinine, and urea levels. This test is called a “post-void urine collection” and measures how well your kidneys function.
If you are diabetic or have kidney disease or liver disease (or if someone in your family has these conditions), your doctor may ask for additional tests such as a urine test strip, it is a simple strip used in the diagnosis and monitoring of diabetes mellitus as well as in other conditions related to the kidneys, such as nephrotic syndrome, bladder stones, and urinary tract infections.
The urine test strip can diagnose several problems like diabetes, kidney disease, or liver disease by detecting acetone in the urine. An absence of acetone indicates that your body has enough insulin or no problem with your kidneys.
These tests are done to detect any kidney problems.
Kidney function tests are done to detect any kidney problems. These include creatinine, urea, blood urea nitrogen, and urine. The kidneys remove creatinine from the blood as a waste product.
The kidneys normally remove it efficiently. If your body has trouble removing creatinine from your bloodstream, this can indicate a kidney problem or damage to the filtering system in your kidneys (nephritis).
The KFT test is a series of nine tests to detect any kidney problem. These tests are done by taking a blood sample, collecting urine over 24 hours, and measuring your blood glucose, protein, creatinine, and urea levels. Based on the process, the KFT test cost is not as high as you would think. So it is best advised to take the test instead of postponing it.